Monday, March 14, 2011

The Music Experiment - Part Seks


This is the sixth and probably last CD I make for the baby while she's still in the womb.  I figure, it's 120 songs by 120 different bands/performers, without repeating a band or performer.  I know I could make another one, but it just feels like the right amount.  I'm sure I'll be making CDs or playlists for her forever or until she develops her own tastes in music.  Basically, when she tells me to stop playing this crap.  That will be a dark day in this house.  Anyways, on with the list...with some commentary, because I can't help myself.

CD # 6

New Hampshire's All Right If You Like Fighting - Scissorfight (great band from NH)
Peace Sells - Megadeth
Life On Mars? - David Bowie
Wish - Nine Inch Nails
Manic Depression - Jimi Hendrix Experience
Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day - Jethro Tull
I Feel Love - Paul Gilbert (doing a cover of the Donna Summer song, Listen To This Version First)
Respect - Otis Redding (this is the original, Aretha Franklin is the more famous version)
Roadrunner - Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
Hush - Deep Purple
It's A Mistake - Men At Work
Son Of A Gun - Nirvana (cover of the Vaselines song)
Fake Friends - Joan Jett
Shama Lama Ding Dong - Otis Day & The Knights
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
Late In The Evening - Paul Simon
Personality Crisis - New York Dolls
Bringin' On The Heartbreak - Def Leppard (my favorite Def Leppard song, this and Hello America)
Corona - Minutemen (the Jackass theme, if you are unfamiliar, although there are lyrics to the song)
Eclipse - Pink Floyd

This might be the last one, but don't be surprised if it's not.

No comments:

Post a Comment