Monday, March 21, 2011

This Life Under Construction


We've been working very hard on getting the baby's room completed.  We have limited room in our small condo.  The spare bedroom became a catch-all, for our books, CDs and everything else.  That would be fine if we had a normal sized collection, but we don't.  We have a small library of books (over 1300) and a small record store (around 1000).  I'll continue to put everything on iTunes, but will never get rid of my CDs and we'll never buy a Kindle or Nook.  It's just not our style.  We physically like to hold books in our hand.  We like to read liner notes and look at the album art.

That's only part of this whole deal.  The real hard part is fitting all of that stuff, somewhere.  So, we're getting creative, because we have to and it's what we do best.  The baby will have colorful wall pictures like Winnie the Pooh, but she'll also have some framed concert posters and framed vinyl on the walls.  Her first words might not be Mama or Dada, but Cheap Trick or Led Zeppelin.  I'd still be extremely proud, maybe even more so. 

Needless to say our place looks like a bomb hit it, which is about what it always looks like in reality.  In a perfect world, we would have moved about 6 years ago, but we know this world is anything but, perfect.  Now it's impossible for us to do that and we'll make do with what we have.  We'll figure it out, because (a) we have to and (b) it's what we always do. 

I'll just hang in there with the rest of you.  There's no give up here.  I just have to figure out how to hit the curveballs of life consistently.  I don't think batting .300 in Life is as good as it is in Baseball.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  Alrighty then...back to work.  I'm wearing my hard hat and safety glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment