Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Friendship Isn't A One Way Street


This is a real picture from downtown Providence, RI.  Friendship St. is really a one way street, at least in Rhode Island it is, but not in life.  Well it shouldn't be.  Had a nice get together with an old friend tonight.  Someone I've known for more than half of my life.  One of those people that your there for no matter how long its been since you've last talked or seen them. 

As we all know, life can be pretty cruel.  It's how you make it through and who helps you along the way that matters.  Nobody has a perfect life, but we all try to make the most of what we're dealt.  Some people are better at it than others.  I'm in the middle...great sometimes, horrible others.

I can be tough on friends.  Mood stabilizing medications have made me easier to deal with.  We'll just keep it there.  So, it's nice when you can just pick up from where you've left off the last time, whenever that was.  We talked about a variety of things that I'm not about to go into here, but mainly how it would be nice to see everyone (the people we hung out with a lot, back in school) again.  Just to catch up and not have it be 5,10 or 20 years since some of us have seen or spoken to one another.

I've never had many friends.  Lots of acquaintances, but not many people I consider true friends.  It would be good to see everyone.  People that I've always gotten along with and some that I've had issues with or have had issues with me, but time heals most wounds.  Either way, I'd still be interested in seeing them, good, bad or otherwise...although, I think things would be just fine.  I think we made some progress to achieving that goal tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment