Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nine By Design 15 aka The List For Santa


Santa...I've been very good this year...as far as you know.  My special equipment has kept me off your radar, so I should come up in the good list.  Even if I've had to throw some people under the bus to keep me out of the spotlight.  Sorry, Lindsey Lohan and Charlie Sheen, but you're great targets.  Everyone expects you to fail, so it makes the cover up that much easier.  On with our list...

Santa's List:

A Job is really all I want for Christmas.  No joke or pun at all.  All the others might be humorous or funny, but this is a very serious request.

A Skateboard would be cool again.  The one pictured in the link was the skateboard I had when I was 14.  I always wanted to skate like this guy.  I was never that good and my knees would never allow me to get back on a board now, but it would still be nice to have one around.  The artwork is always amazing.

A Fender Telecaster was the guitar I should've purchased when I started playing, because it would have fit my hands better.  I didn't, of course...I needed an electric guitar with a whammy bar, so I could (pretend to) shred.  What did I know?  Stupid kid.

Cool concert tours.  I've established how obsessed with music I am, at least it should be apparent by now.  I put together tours all the time.  Tours that I wish would happen:

The Minnesota Trifecta of Soul Asylum, Bob Mould and Paul Westerberg.  That tour would be amazing, the guys from Asylum could back up Westerberg for some classic Replacements songs.

Since, the original Cars are currently recording and hopefully touring, how about, Dinosaur Jr., The Pixies and The Cars. This show would be historic, if everyone could get along.

Bands that I think should tour together, just because I think they fit well, The Black Crowes and Wilco, Sonic Youth and The Smashing Pumpkins and the topper, David Bowie and Iggy Pop, they wrote a bunch of songs together...

Disclaimer: This list is really very difficult for me, because I'd rather be the one purchasing gifts for people.  I never ask for anything.  So, we may not make it to nine.

One of my wishes, is something I'm already getting later in 2011 and that's a baby.  My wife and I have had some trouble conceiving and it took us 2 years, but now we're counting the days and getting ready for the life changing event.  You can see why a job is so important to me.

The last thing I'll post, because I just can't think of anything else, would be more time with my Dad.  No matter what the amount would be, of course, it would never be enough and I understand that, all too well.  He's missed so much since he's been gone and there's so much I never asked him, because I didn't have the ability or experience to form the questions yet.  I'm not trying to bum you out.  The holiday season gets hard sometimes, I know I'm not the only one.

I'll leave you with this:  When you've had about as much as you can stand from whomever on Christmas day or when the kids wake you up 2 hours after you've gone to bed, just be glad you have them.  You just never know when things will change.  That's as preachy and sappy as I'll get.  Merry Christmas everyone, I hope everyone gets what they want, no matter what it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment