Monday, April 25, 2011

Fake Friends


Joan Jett wrote a song called "Fake Friends."  It's about what you'd expect it to be.  I think all of us have fake friends.  People you've grown apart from, people you can't figure out what you had in common with, in the first place.  I suppose it's just the progression of life.  As you grow up, you change and adapt, some never do.  I know people still stuck in "college" and even, "high school," mentally at least.  Of course, it's sad when you lose touch with people you've known for a long time, but in the end, it's probably better for everyone.

We've all cut people out of our lives, on purpose or not, at times, even family.  Sometimes, they just have to go.  As I think about the next chapter of my life and how certain people won't be involved, it hits me that a lot of these people have already made their choice and I, for once, don't have to play the bad guy.  I've already been cut out of their lives.  Since nothing is ever really officially ever said or written down on paper, there is always the illusion of friendship and the theory of camaraderie.

I'll quote Henry Rollins, "It's sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew."

No comments:

Post a Comment