Friday, June 3, 2011

Nine By Design 37

 

Welcome back to the show that never ends.  Nine By Design is back.  After I took last Friday off, because of the little matter of my wife going into labor and us being the proud parents of a new baby girl.  Which there are pictures floating around here on the blog.  We're back to the matter at hand, another Nine By Design.  I'm doing paintings this week.  I'm not expert, but I know what I like.

Paintings:






The Son of Man by Rene Magritte is iconic, as are most of these paintings.  I can't describe any of these with fancy words that an expert could or would use.  I'll let the visuals do the talking.




Boston Gas Tank by Corita Kent, an anti-war nun, that used her art for protest.  Ho Chi Minh's profile is in the blue swash.  I've driven by the original one and the new tank that was put up in 1992, so many times I couldn't even count.  Anyone and everyone that has ever been in and around Boston has seen this tank.







The Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse by Albrecht Durer, is actually a woodcut and not a painting, but it's one of my wife's favorites.  It's also pretty fricking cool looking. 




View of Toledo by El Greco, is another favorite of my wife, but I like it as well.  I appreciate art, but I can never really explain myself.









The Face of War by Salvador Dali, who is one of my favorite artists.  I'm just a big fan of everything he did. 







The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh, which is based on the song "Vincent" by Don McLean.  Wait, no, that's wrong, reverse it. 






Whaam! by Roy Lichtenstein, is another personal favorite.  It's a comic book panel basically.  Love my comic books and pop art. 



The Dream by Henri Rousseau is a very famous work.  You should recognize it, if you don't, well, that's on you.







The Song of Love by Giorgio de Chirico, which I don't know anything about, but I love it.  It's just a very interesting concept.









I'll see you all next week.  Hopefully, with a topic I'm more knowledgeable about.  Cheers, Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment