Saturday, August 27, 2011

Can A Brother Get A Break?


I just picture Ice T saying this.  The man is still a pimp.  Anyways, enough of that and on to what this blog is about.

I don't know if I've ever been this busy in my life.  Maybe, just before I was about to get married, but right now I think this period, tops that.  In fact, at the moment I write this, I should still be sleeping, but it's the only time have to write.  As most loyal readers (if I have any left) know, I haven't written many blogs lately.  Let's look at my latest schedule.

From 8-13 to 8-20 we were on vacation in NH.  I don't know if you've ever packed for (at the time) 2 1/2 month old baby for a week in what could be unpredictable weather.  Holy crap did she need a lot of stuff.  Still mission accomplished.  I don't really remember much of it, because I blinked and it was over.

Today (Saturday 8-27) is the baby's Baptism/Christening (I don't remember what it's called).  So all week it's been about coordinating and purchasing food for the cookout.  A cookout that is probably going to be a cook-in.  Seems like the east coast is about to get slammed by a hurricane called Irene.  Sounds like one of those tough biaatches from my high school days in Brockton, MA.  The hurricane's last name wouldn't happen to be Sanchez, would it?  Are her main weapons razor sharp Lee press-on nails and pulling hair?  Girl fights, way worse than boy fights.

Speaking of Brockton, the very next day (Sunday, if your keeping score) is a family reunion of sorts.  The guys I hung around with in Brockton and even after I moved to a different town, will all be getting back together for the first time in at least 10 yrs.  Jeff has managed to get everyone together.  Just like back in the days when we were younger, it doesn't matter what we do.  It'll be great just to spend a few hours with everyone.

The following weekend, Labor Day weekend, we head down to PA.  Riley gets to meet her third great-grandmother.  This weekend, as far as I know, will wrap up the whirlwind of travel that we've taken her on.  This (now) 3 month old baby will be to as many states as I went to when I was a teenager. 

Plus, before I forget...I've been putting together a benefit concert for my friend that has been in the hospital for the past 2 months.  You know in my free time.  Just something to try to help him out with hospital bills and what not.  I can report he's doing 1000 times better than he was at the beginning.  He's come a long way, but still has a long way to go.  The man is a fighter and he's proven he won't give in.  Without getting into any details, he was in about as bad shape as you could be in.  I'll report more on the concert as it gets closer.

I still won't get a break.  There are no sick days for Daddy.  No complaints however, I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment