Sunday, September 25, 2011

Off The Beaten Path Show # 10


This is a very special show, because I'm giving away a prize.  No, I'm not kidding...more about that in a few minutes.  This is already the 10th show of Off The Beaten Path.  I just like playing music and promoting bands that many haven't had the chance to hear before.  Anything I can do to help out a band that I like, I'll do.  All bands are struggling...unless they are a household name.  Those are few and far between these days.  On with the playlist.

Off The Beaten Path Show # 10 - Mon. 9/26 12PM, Wed. 9/28 4PM, Fri. 9/30 8PM all EST on Rock401.com

Bad Motor Scooter – Montrose
Fireball – Deep Purple
Hammer To Fall – Queen
Long May You Run – Neil Young
Don’t Leave Me On My Own – Chris Issak
Stephanie Says – Velvet Underground
Late In The Evening – Paul Simon
Satan Is Real-Straight To Hell – Hank Williams III
Dead In The Water – Supersuckers
10 AM Automatic – The Black Keys
Nights Like These – Lucero
Crime Scene Cleanup Team – Tin Horn Prayer
These Days – REM
The Whole Of The Moon – The Waterboys
Unsung – Helmet
Psalm 69 – Ministry
Turn Up The Night – Black Sabbath
Give It To Me Good – Trixter
Loanshark Blues – Rory Gallagher
Autonomy – Buzzcocks
Dirty Boots – Sonic Youth
Los Angeles – X
Me! I Disconnect From You – Gary Numan/Tubeway Army
2000 Man – Rolling Stones
Here Today – Beach Boys
I’m Gonna Love You Too – Buddy Holly
I’m Only Sleeping – Beatles
With A Girl Like You – The Troggs
Superfly – Curtis Mayfield
Baby, I’m A Star - Prince

On to the prize...If you can tell me what the Hair Metal Song of The Week (I always point it out, but not this show) is...I'll give you free entry into The Benefit Concert for Mark Smith on October 29th at Ri Ra in Providence, RI.  Of course, you kinda have to be in the New England area to get this prize...sorry to all my listeners out of the area.  It's a hell of a value...There will be three great bands playing that night and a raffle that is growing by the day.  So, you can use the money you save on getting into the show to buy raffle tickets.


All answers must be emailed to me personally here.  We'll exchange some info and I'll put you on the list.  Take advantage of it.  Also here is the poster for the show...which Bragg Art & Design did as a favor.


Oct. 29th Ri Ra Providence, RI