Monday, February 28, 2011

Insomnia Is Awesome


Insomnia is a very surreal feeling.  You're awake, but not fully with it.  I'm not sure I really have it, but do get into periods of not being able to fall asleep until 3 or 4 in the morning.  I'm in one of those periods currently and I'm really feeling it today.  I do have a lot of stress and anxiety currently.  I know that's what is causing my sleepless nights and not, Meg Ryan or Tom Hanks for that matter.  I can be equal opportunity and at this moment in time, Tom Hanks would be the choice over Meg.

Speaking of actors, I went 6 for 9 in my Oscar Predictions.  I feel pretty darn good about that.  If I didn't pick any upsets, I might've gone 9 for 9, but I don't want to do the coulda, woulda, shoulda thing.

Sunday was my Fantasy Baseball Auction Draft.  I had a great time.  Met some good people, saw some friends I don't get to see often, because life gets in the way.  I like my team, but I don't love my team.  I think most of the people in the league feel similar.  There's always one or two positions that you need some help in, after all is said and done.  There will be a lot of tweaking before the season gets started.  The guys in the league like to make trades and everyone is always trying to make their team better.  The downside is, the trade that you thought will make your team better, could make it worse.  There lies the rub of trying to be a GM.  That's as close as we'll ever get to experiencing it.  All of the fantasy baseball players in the world should send Dan Okrent a one time thank you of $1 each.  Considering how many people play, he'd be a multi-millionaire tomorrow.  Yes, really...

The blog may, not definite, but may, take a few days off to work on a project I will be starting for the blog and to write some long over due interviews and get those sent out.  We'll see, but I don't know what I'm doing 5 minutes from now.  Probably passing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment